Thursday, April 4, 2019

Your smile is my melting point

After a few days the friends had met again. After twelve minutes of awkward silence and twenty nine minutes of unnecessary introductions, they started to speak about the murder.

"You should have tried hard", he said. "Hard? What type of hard are you saying", she asked him.

"The type of hard, which would be more tolerant to all forms of evilness", he replied. She started to say something, but then she stopped, because she knew that he was not ready to listen.

"Please tell it", he said. "You're not ready to listen. You're gonna blame me anyway. Why should I", she asked.

"That was before a week. I've thought over things. I could understand that you've been in a stressful situation. Just tell me your point", he replied.

"How often have you seen me behave like a human", she asked. "Not quite often. Actually never as per my memory", he replied.

She moved away. She took a bag and opened it. After searching it for a while, she took a piece of paper and showed it to him. "You know I'm not so strong in science and poetry, but I still managed to do this", she said as she walked towards him. She handed over the paper to him.

He said, "Firstly this is unbelievable that you're making it dramatic, instead of just speaking about it. That's so like humans", and opened up the paper to read the contents.

He read it loud. It was written, "Mercury melts at -38° F". He stopped it right there. He turned towards her and asked, "How many times to tell you? Farenheit is simply a stupid unit of temperature measurement. Why don't you use Celsius? What makes you feel that Farenheit is more convenient".

She paused for a moment, because she wasn't expecting that from him. "You're unbelievable", she said and continued, "It doesn't matter. I'm not writing any scientific formulas to use convenient units. Please read further".

"Whatever", he said and continued reading, "Gold melts at 1948 °F. Iron melts at 2800 °F. I melt at the glance of your smile".

He started to smile. There was a moment of peace on his face. He slowly turned towards her, and asked, "You've done such a wonderful thing, but why didn't you give it to him".

She replied, "I tried to be a human. This was not my first attempt. Many of my attempts have failed. But this time", she paused to think about the right words.

"What happened this time? This letter could have changed everything. What stopped you from doing it", he asked.

"The very fact that he literally melted before I could tell him about how his smile was melting me", she said. There was a silence again. He was trying to understand what could have happened.

She continued, "That day he said something pleasing. So, I did this in his absence to surprise him. But, what he meant with his sentence meant something unpleasing. I lost all my temper at once and punished him. He melted. Actually he didn't. He got burnt. It would have been awkward, if I had told him about I'm being melted by him at that moment. So, I chose not to".

"Years ago I thought you're quite predictable and needed a small inspiration to change everything. But, I was wrong. There's a lot more involved in it", he said.

And the awkward silence filled the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment