Monday, August 5, 2019

Scene 44: Anything for you

He finally went before her and stopped her by holding her hand. “Stop touching me”, she yelled at him.

He took his hands of her and said, “Ok. Cool cool”. He took his breathe. She was radiating her frustration by looking at his eyes.

He said, “I'm sorry. You know this road is just behind your favorite hotel? That's why I came here. I spoke with the security. Let's go to that road”.

She was already too frustrated, so she didn't move or reply. “Hey! It's our anniversary. Remember”, he asked. She cooled down a bit.

He held her hand and they started to walk. There was an awkward silence between them. He was thinking about the right conversation, which wouldn't upset her. He eliminated jokes, irrelevant science facts, philosophy, politics, his day at work one by one and finally got a topic to talk.

He turned towards her with excitement and started to speak, “Hey! That security outside your office”.

She interrupted right there and said, “Don't talk. I'm upset. Don't you get it? One more word and I'm walking back”.

He shut his mouth with both hands and walked. After walking a while she asked, “why are we walking? What about the car”.

He took his hands from the mouth and said, “There's traffic and I know that security. So, the car can be there”. As soon as he completed saying that, he shut his mouth with the hands again.

She yelled, “Don't over react. Take your hands off. Stay normal”. He took his hands off.

Finally they reached the hotel road, where the hotel was present, but they were on the other side of the road. So, she tried to cross the road. He pulled her back. She asked, “what”.

He looked terrified. He looked around and said, “there's a tea shop nearby. We can have a tea”.

She breathed heavily trying to control her frustration and asked, “what's the time”. “Ten” he replied. “Do you think this is the right time for tea”, she asked.

He couldn't face her. He faced down and slowly took the courage to say, “Sorry. I forgot our anniversary. I didn't plan for anything. I thought of taking you to this hotel, but I needed some time to get the reservations done. That's why I asked you to go for the space ride. I made the reservations, but it was too full. So, I'm here hopeless and praying God to rescue me from this hell of situation”.

She threw her purse at him. It hit him and fell down. He bent his right knee to take it. He took it and held it as if he was proposing her. She was furious and he wanted to cool her down. He was searching for words to speak.

She didn't speak a word. She covered her to hide her anger. She didn't wanna yell at him before the public. So, she has fighting to hold her anger. Her body was shivering due to that. She didn't utter a single word.

He was waiting in the same position for her to look at him. She looked down and frowned. He was in fear and his hands were shaking. The purse slipped from his hand. He leaned down to pick it.

He instead touched her feet. He looked at her and said, “You know that I'll do anything to right my wrong. I would even kiss your feet now. I'm sorry. I've done something terrible. What do you want me to do? I'll do it for you”.

She looked down at him. She slowly lifted brought her feet near her face and signaled him to kiss it. He looked around and realised that people were looking at them.

“It's ok. Let people do their business. You kiss my foot”, she said sarcastically. He was holding it and looking up at her face. After a moment of pause she said, “that's why you should be careful with your words”.

He kissed her foot. “Ahaa! You did that? What about the other foot”, she asked. He placed her left foot on the ground and took her other foot. He looked back at her again. “What are you waiting for dear ruler of the Galactic empire”, she asked.

He kissed the foot, held it and looked back at her. “I'll do anything for you. I'm sorry that I forgot it”, he said mildly. “Ya. You will do anything except remembering our anniversary”, she said and took her foot off his hand.

He received a phone call. She signaled him to answer it. He answered the call.

After the call, he said, “Come. We got our table. Let's go in”.

1 comment: