Friday, May 19, 2017

Scene 67: Moon and Star

Those dry days. I was unhappy almost every day. Then she finally me an appointment to meet her. It had been almost been an year since there was any deary day for us. Everyday was a rough day.

After a week of pleasing through messages, she finally agreed to meet me for half an hour. It was 7:25 and I was just 5 minutes away from meeting her. I looked at me again, that attire, which she would call as “disgusting”, the messy hair etc. added with the frustration, anger and impatience made the waiting time worse.

She finally arrived. She waved a bye to all her friends and walked towards me. I melted like cream on seeing her. I kept of all the emotions and kept cool with that natural smile.

On seeing me, her face darkened and she turned her face off me as she came closer. She sat near me. I said, “hi. How are you?” She turned towards me, but my disgusted again by my attire she turned away and told, “I have to leave at 8 sharp. Speak whatever you want till then.”

It kind of hurt, but still I managed to maintain the smile and said, “it's ok. Why are you so angry? Is it because of”. She stopped be right there and said, “look. Don't waste your time speaking all these. I'm not interested to speak anything with you. Who are you for me to get angry on you?”

Those words touched my ego. The ego fight continued. She looked away. I patiently kept looking at her hoping she would look back at me. Awkward silence…

After a long time, I realised that she was stubborn enough to not look at me the whole time, and drifted my eyes of her. The moon was shining on the sky. The sky was so clear and I could see the stars clearly.

She finally turned towards me and said, “fine minutes more. I thought you would use this opportunity wisely, but you seem to be filled with thoughts”. I kept staring at the sky and replied, “no. It's just a thought, that's disturbing. Would you like to hear?”. It had always been my thoughts that had made her like me. I knew that she would want to know what it was.

She replied, “as if you're gonna leave me, if I'm not interested. Please proceed…”

I brought back all the charm I could and started explaining her, “you see the moon and the star near it? They kind of look like you and me. You're that moon and I'm that star near it”. She got curious, but pretended to be uninterested and replied, “even if you praise me with all such imaginations, it won't change anything between us. You're still disgusting”.

It was my last chance to prove myself. I replied, “wait wait wait. Let me complete it first.” She got more curious and came even closer. I continued, “you see the moon? Is just a reflecting surface. It can't produce it's own light. It depends too much on sun. It orbits around Earth, which is orbiting around sun. But see the Star, it would possibly be larger than the sun, it produces it's own light and energy. But still people think moon is a greater object than the star. That's life.”

Trust me. I was the happiest man on the Earth at that moment, but she… Her face actually got reddened. That yelling sound came from mouth, “this is exactly why hate you.” I stopped her right there, smiled and said, “that's the fifth time you're using this phrase. Everything is for a different reason though. Tell me why exactly you hate me among those reasons.”

“Never ever try contacting me again. Get lost. It's over”, she shouted and moved off. “Ok. I'll call to tomorrow. Bye. Safe journey. Thanks for the extra ten minutes”, I shouted back with a smile as moved away from me. That smile remained and I kept watching her leave me. It was indeed a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment