Thursday, December 1, 2016

Interval in Life

Anger and frustration were residing in her face. It was the same busy road, where we had spent our happy days skipping the buses and walking. Those days came in my mind. Her smile, her hair waving in the wind and her laughs after successfully humiliating me, everything just passed during that angry walk, she took towards me.

Oh! She was literally burning the air around her with her anger. My tears melted and started overflowing from my eyes because of the anger that was radiated from her eyes. Then, she came close to me, close enough to sublime me into human vapour.

I stood there paralysed seeing her eyes and then her mouth uttered a few words. The words traveled for quite a long time in air before reaching me. Time had slowed down considerably. "Why are you waiting here?", we're those words.

"Waiting for you, my dear", I told. Wiping out my tears and pretending as if there was dust in my eyes. "You don't have to wait for me. It's all over between us. Go get a life", she told turning her face away. I controlled everything and started smiling, because that was the most expected answer for me and I could do nothing about it.

When she saw me smiling she said, "Don't look at me that way having lost your rights over me. Never ever call me dear. Don't even call me. Forget me. You're no one to me."

My lower jaw dropped in despair and I had that final smile of hopelessness. I inhaled a lot of air, took some time to recover and told, "there's a proverb that says that no one is perfect and since I'm no one to you, I'm probably perfect to you. What say you?"

She was at the top most height of frustration after hearing that. She didn't wanna face me anymore. She started walking away. I followed. She shouted, "this is why I hate you. You're an idiot. You never understand me. You can never do it. You're in your own world. You can't come back to the reality. You are...." I knew she was out of her words to scold me anymore.

She stopped, turned towards me and continued, "you're... I don't know whom you're. I don't care about that. You had spoilt all my happiness and you're responsible for every worry in my life. Why don't you let me live happily? You can never make me happy. YOU CAN NOT. Please let me live peacefully. Please. You had done enough and I could not bare you anymore."

I could not act anymore. Tears were already on my cheeks. I heart started beating heavily that I could not walk anymore. I stood there still hoping she would turn back at least once to give a last look, but she moved away fast and never turned back.

People crossed me, bikes and cars moved on the road. Everything passed so soon and I stood there hoping she would come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment