Tuesday, June 28, 2016

First train experience from Bangalore to Tirunelveli

It happened every time. I never had an idea why.

I had tried many times to book a train ticket to home (using friend's irctc account as I did not have one). Almost all the time the website showed me a waiting in 200+.

For a change i booked a ticket on Tuesday. Oh God! The ticket just got confirmed. But that was just the beginning.

Leave approval, work completion, packing, tats bye from office etc passed within the blink of an eye.

As I had already planned, I walked that 5 km to reach the nearby station to get a train to the main station from where I had to take another train to home.

Just another blink. Tea, ticket collection, photos, train arrival, crossing and arrival at main station passed by.

First time after many years I was half an hour early to the station and for the 836471927483610274910174th time the train came half an hour late.

I boarded the train and just remembered which seat i booked. Time passed for a moment to let me recollect that incident.

I would travel alone and it was preferable to book a side lower seat so that I could watch through the window and go all the way. Eventually I got a side lower seat on the booking time.

Time resumed. “7,15,23 and there you go 31”, finally I found the seat. But as it had always happened to the bachelors traveling alone, there was a middle-aged woman on my seat.

I prayed God that she won't ask me to shift to an upper berth, which if happened, would not have made me sadder like now (but it would have anyways made me sad).

She didn't ask me to shift to an upper berth instead she asked me to move a few compartments away to take an ordinary lower berth (the three seat lower berth), which I would not even have the freedom to sit for a while.

All I could do was just to wait for the middle seat man to come and help him lift his berth up so that we both could sleep compressed.

- Zopher

No comments:

Post a Comment